Responsible dog owners earn the respect of all park users.
Mixed-Use Parks & Trails:
In mixed-use parks that permit dogs, such as Marshall Fields, and on dog-permitted trails, such as marked sections of the Grey Canal Trail, dog owners are asked to keep their dogs on-leash.
“It is about ensuring the safety of all users, while balancing the recreational needs of the community.”
- NEW! The City of Vernon is conducting a 2-year trial to allow on-leash dogs in Polson Park (see Public Notice)
Residents and visitors are encouraged to take advantage of local off-leash dog parks. Find signs, bag dispensers and receptacles at each dog park.
When entering an off-leash park, please keep your dog leashed until you are inside the park – the parking lot is not a dog-permitted park.
Please enjoy your visit to a dog-permitted park:
- Supervise children at all times.
- Keep dogs under control at all times.
- Pick up after your dogs immediately, and dispose of waste properly.
- Please keep dogs leashed when entering an off-leash park – the parking lot is not a dog-permitted park.