Responsible dog owners earn the respect of all park users.
Mixed-Use Parks & Trails:
In mixed-use parks that permit dogs, such as Polson Park, and on dog-permitted trails, such as marked sections of the Grey Canal Trail, dog owners are asked to keep their dogs on-leash.
“It is about ensuring the safety of all users, while balancing the recreational needs of the community.”
- NEW! The City of Vernon has issued a map of dog use areas at Marshall Fields (see Public Notice)
- The City of Vernon is conducting a 2-year trial to allow on-leash dogs in Polson Park (see Public Notice)
- The Regional District of North Okanagan reminds you to keep dogs On Leash on the Okanagan Rail Trail:
“Responsible dog owners must make sure their pets are properly leashed, well behaved, trained and do not pose a threat to RDNO trail users or other animals.”
When entering an off-leash park, please keep your dog leashed until you are inside the park – the parking lot is not a dog-permitted park.
- Map of Dog-Permitted Parks in Greater Vernon (PDF)
- Map of Dog Use Areas at Marshall Fields
- Dog Parks in the District of Coldstream
Please enjoy your visit to a dog-permitted park:
- Supervise children at all times.
- Keep dogs under control at all times.
- Pick up after your dogs immediately, and dispose of waste properly.
- Please keep dogs leashed when entering an off-leash park – the parking lot is not a dog-permitted park.